We’re looking for a Communications Coordinator with strong writing and social media skills to help implement the Center for Artistic Activism’s digital and printed communications strategies. This includes laying out material within our design guidelines and helping distribute it online through our website, newsletter, and social media channels. We hope to find a lover of stories and compelling content, a fellow creative thinker, and fun collaborator. Experience with non-profit arts or advocacy organizations, social media, Adobe Illustrator and/or Photoshop (or the equivalent), self-hosted WordPress sites, and MailChimp are pluses.
Overall Communications Management
- Help to update and maintain our communications strategy, plan communications, and administer communications in general
- Help to set agenda, facilitate, and take notes during weekly staff communications meetings
Develop communications material
- Set up and maintain an editorial calendar with input from staff
- Edit and improve drafts of written and graphic communications in the Center’s voice
- Create a schedule of newsletters
- Coordinate and implement interviews with Center for Artistic Activism alumni and friends to be used in short videos, as clips, and other promotional material.
- Help create and send template email responses, thank you letters, etc.
- Help to organize and promote participant submitted curricula
- Mine archives of content to draft communication material
- Help to create and edit fundraising appeals and reports
Share material with our community
- Create and edit posts and pages on the Center for Artistic Activism website
- Summarize updates from projects into short form for web/newsletter/social
- Draft newsletters
- Create and post social media
Requirements and Qualifications
We are looking for someone who is passionate about promoting the Center for Artistic Activism and what we have to offer.
- Proven experience developing or updating communications strategies
- Experience working on email newsletters, publishing content on websites, and social media, preferably for a non-profit arts or advocacy organization
- Attend weekly, online communications meetings with staff
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities
Contract is for remote work, fixed-term, 12 weeks (late September 2021 – late December 2021), 8-10 hours per week, with possible opportunity to extend.
Deadline September 12, 2021Please select a valid form
If you prefer, you can email your application directly to email@example.com