The Center for Artistic Activism helps people use their creativity and culture to effect power.
The Center for Artistic Activism is supporting change through the current crises
Our Unstoppable Voters Project
We’re supporting artistic activism projects that combating voter suppression in the United States before and after the 2020 U.S. election. We’ve funded two rounds of projects. See the first round here.
The Free the Vaccine for COVID-19 Campaign
Join our fight to make COVID-19 treatment, testing, and vaccines affordable and accessible to all. We’ve launched a global, online Advocacy Innovation Lab called Free the Vaccine for Covid-19. And you can take part.
Transition Your Advocacy
Keep your team inspired and resilient. With our online workshops like Don’t Cancel: Creative Activism in the Time of Coronavirus, we can help your group move forward creatively, in the current context, no matter the issue you’re working on. Contact us for details.
We offer training for artists, activists, and organizations on theory, methods and skills for maximizing their impact.
We provide advising for groups and organizations on strategic, creative methods for activism, grant making, and assessment.
We conduct and share research on the practice and impact of artistic activism.
We give away podcasts,videos, webinars, guides and other online training resources you can access now..
What we do
We are a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. Your donation helps support artistic activism worldwide.
- “First Female President” says farewellMargaret McCarthy has acted as the “First Female President” for the last four years. Hear what was achieved in this parallel universe in her closing address, and let’s get started making some of those dreams a reality.
- Call for Project ManagersThe Center for Artistic Activism is looking for paid intern Project Managers for its Free the Vaccine campaign! Season 3 of our COVID healthcare campaign, Free the Vaccine, will be […]
- EVENT: The Power of PieCelebrate Martin Luther King Day with Peace Through Pie & Stir The Pot. Learn about the Civil Rights history of pie, participate in interactive pie demos & be inspired by […]
- Rest in Peace Michael YoungThis week we learned that United for a Fair Economy organizer and Center for Artistic Activism alumni and collaborator, Michael Young passed away. Michael worked with the Center for Artistic […]
- Alumni “Valu” Obiajulu on BBC WorldEveryone deserves a safe and healthy place to call home. In Lagos, Nigeria corruption brings crime to every level of a society and causes infrastructure to languish. Dance can be […]
- Call for InternsThe Center for Artistic Activism is accepting a Creative Activism Toolkit Intern who will assist with updating our training materials and sharing them with participants in West Africa and the […]
- Fighting Corruption CreativelyThe Center for Artistic Activism is working with Open Society Foundations on Regional Creative Hubs: a multi-year project that is changing anti-corruption activism in some of the most impacted regions […]
- Buck Expectations. Vote.by Molly Gore On January 4th, one day before Georgia will finish voting in the Senate runoff races, Black cowboys from the Atlanta Saddle Club Association mounted up and rode to the polls, […]
- Artistic Activism guide to the Georgia Run-off ElectionLooking to help in the Georgia run-offs? This guide can help. We asked our Unstoppable Voters grantee, Georgia artist Gabrielle Mertz, to draft a guide to the Georgia run-offs for […]
- The Future is Georgia with Gabrielle MertzGabrielle Mertz from Drawing out the Vote is hosting this conversation with PS122 The Future is Georgia A discussion with Gabrielle Mertz about the upcoming Senate runoffs in Georgia, the […]
- Online Panel: Journal Rappé and The Peace PoetsWe’re so excited about this. Keyti is based in Senegal, one of our Artistic Activism trainers for the Regional Creative Hubs, and a co-founder of Journal Rappé. The project takes […]
- Giving Tuesday 2020On this Giving Tuesday (December 1) you have a great opportunity to make your donation – even a small one! – go far in helping to support the amazing students, […]
- Ishtar Lakhani on BBC 100 Women ListCongratulations to the Center for Artistic Activism’s Ishtar Lakhani, she is included on the BBC’s 100 inspiring and influential women from around the world for 2020! Ishtar is an alumni […]
- Unstoppable Voters Panel – Behind the ScenesWhat worked? What were some of the strategies used in the projects? What wasn’t captured in the photos and video? You can watch a recording of this panel below. Highest […]