Creative Actions for NY Prosperity
This workshop, facilitated by the Center for Artistic Activism, brings in artists and creative people to work with you, the amazing advocates and volunteers of Invest in Our New York. Together we’ll all take the next steps for ensuring economic justice in New York and its budget–and advancing towards our collective utopia.
When, and how much time?
This workshop will include online sessions and working groups throughout the months of October and November. We will host three or four 2-hour online meetings, likely on weekday evenings. In addition, working groups made up of activists and artists will meet on their own time to develop ideas.
We ask participants for a commitment of 2-3 hours per week over approximately 6 weeks. Specific dates and times will be finalized after participants are confirmed.
What will you get from it?
- New skills in using creativity to support advocacy that has real impact.
- An understanding of the power that activists and artists have to mobilize the public, pass progressive policy, and create a state where all can prosper.
- An understanding of how creativity has been effectively used in social movements around the world, and principles you can draw on for your own work.
- The research and theory behind artistic activism, and methods for assessing and evaluating creative action campaigns.
- Tools and skills to help you integrate creative strategy into your social change practice, and ways to include your colleagues, friends, and comrades.
- A toolbox of tactics that can be used in the Invest in Our New York campaign and applied to other campaigns and social change projects.
Register by filling out the form below by 11:59pm EST on October 15th.
This form is currently closed for submissions.