The D.C. Statehood Accelerator is invigorating the movement to make D.C. the 51st state.
The Accelerator is an initiative of the Center for Artistic Activism and For Freedoms: two of the most successful creative change organizations in the U.S. They specialize in helping advocacy organizations find resonant narratives, tap into the cultural power of the communities they want to reach, and amp up their staff and volunteers through creative campaigns that are joyous, powerful, and impactful. They also bring new voices to advocacy: artists, cultural workers, and other creative people who contribute unique perspectives and revitalize movements with innovation, humor, and hope.
Over three, two-hour sessions held weekly online in March 2022, the D.C. Statehood Accelerator will bring together staff and volunteers at leading D.C. Statehood organizations and artists and all types of creative folks to address the unique barriers to D.C. Statehood and innovate methods to overcome them.
When will the sessions take place?
from 7-9pm ET, online.
Register here to get the links to join.
Who should sign up?
- Staff looking for new ways to reach audiences
- Organizational leaders looking for new strategies and tactics to achieve objectives
- Volunteers and partners looking to be inspired and find ideas for moving forward
What will we do?
Participants will learn the fundamentals of artistic activism and then use them to build creative campaigns that:
- Help targeted audiences envision what D.C. Statehood will look like
- Use emotion and the many powers of art and culture to shift sentiment and support
- Connect with people both in and far from D.C. and move them to act
- Empower and energize volunteers
and additional needs and interests as identified by participants.
Participants will receive the equivalent of thousands of dollars worth of training, mentorship, and support at no cost. Select creative campaigns developed through the D.C. Statehood Accelerator will also be eligible to receive continued mentorship in support of their implementation, including direct funding of up to $10,000.
To sign up, head here.
If you encounter any issues with registration or have any questions, reach out by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.