We’re looking for :
- An enthusiastic lover of arts and activism who has practiced, taught, and/or researched the implementation of high-quality artistic activism projects;
- A skilled facilitator with some teaching experience (at any level) who is genuinely enthused by guiding people on new pathways;
- An excellent communicator who thinks deeply and creatively about how to best educate, involve and engage people in transformative experiences;
- A fun, charismatic, resourceful and flexible presenter who can improvise and think on their feet.
- A person who can encourage conversations while confidently keeping discussions on topic and workshops running on time.
If you’re just MOST of these things, reach out anyway!
What you’ll do as a Workshop Leader:
- Receive training, resources and ongoing mentoring from Center for Artistic Activism Directors.
- Co-facilitate groups (after training and co-facilitating with current staff) who want to learn how to implement artistic activism methods to improve their advocacy work.
- [5-30 hrs per month, based on a fairly flexible schedule]
- Work with an existing curriculum, while bringing skills, ideas and creativity to the work and workshops.
- Be a key part of the Center for Artistic Activism team and community.
About the position
Workshop Leader is a part-time contract position starting in January 2022. It can be fully remote but can involve travel in the future for in-person workshops. The timing will be flexible and based on the trainer’s schedule as much as possible but will be between 5-30 hours per month. There will be a paid orientation in January (in person if possible, with all travel paid). The contract will initially be from Jan-June with plans to extend and possibly increase hours after that. Trainers will be paid at a rate of $30 – $35/hr based on past experience. Workshop leaders will receive full training by Center for Artistic Activism Directors, as well as access to all materials, curricula, research, etc.
This is not an entry-level position: we are seeking experienced and excellent facilitators. That said, we’re using our existing curriculum as a starting point and are looking for leaders open to learning new methods and processes. Alumni of Center for Artistic Activism programs are encouraged to apply.
Apply below with your cover letter and CV. The intention is to conduct interviews with top candidates in early December and be on board by early January.
Email questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
December 3rd, 2021
Sunday, December 12th, 2021 (11:59 pm EST)
Note: we’ve been hearing about some errors when people submit. The application does seem to come through and we’re working on the problem. But if you see an error you can email your application directly to email@example.com to be sure. Thanks!