Arts and culture make activism more effective.
You understand tired activist cliches gets stale and less effective. (Everyone knows that!) That’s why inventive, exciting, and creative new practices are so desperately needed. The Center for Artistic Activism does research, shares methods, and mentors on-the-ground efforts so fighters for change are as effective as possible.
Your contribution is meaningful because it helps train artists, activists, and investigative journalists to develop innovative, artistic actions that beat corruption, and win campaigns for human rights and increasing democracy.’
- $10 – Thanks for your support! We’ll send you some stickers and keep you up to date.
- $25 – Delivers our Why Artistic Activism Booklet to an activist (and you get free pdf)
- $50 – Delivers the Art of Activism, book and workbook, to two advocacy organizations
- $100 – Powers our Office Hours: an artistic activist gets expert consulting
- $250 – Convenes our Research Team: a global group studying artistic activism and sharing their findings
- $500 – Provides a seat in our Learning Lab for a participant to attend our seminal course
- $1250 – Sponsors a month of Revolutionizing Activism: our signature speaker series
Your contribution is tax deductible
The Center for Artistic Activism is a not-for-profit, certified 501(c)(3) tax exempt charitable and educational organization. Under IRS code, the full amount of your donation is tax deductible against your income. To fully benefit please inform and consult your tax specialist.
We Believe in Artistic Activism
Negative predictions come easily and the world has enough bitterness. Right now the world needs your vision, your optimism, and your empathy. It needs your drive and motivation. It needs your most compelling stories, your creativity, and it needs your humor. We need new ideas of how the world can work, and new ways to get there.
The Center trains people to use these ideas in effective campaigns through proven methodologies. With your help, the Center for Artistic Activism supports groups and individuals who are looking for creative and effective ways to counteract bigotry, hate, misinformation and fear.
Our community is:
- Turning out voters in the U.S. Election & helping protect the right to vote
- Advocating for global health equity during the ongoing pandemic
- Fighting corruption in West Africa and the Balkans
- Changing human rights policy in South Africa
- Moving the needle on drug policy in Seattle
- Recapturing millions for infrastructure projects in the Balkans
- and much, much more!
We’re excited about what’s ahead and need your support to get there.
Support Artistic Activists Around the World
Check out some of our alumni stories to see the people we work with.
Make a donation through your employer
You can ask your company to add us to their Matching Gifts Campaign. Supportive employees at companies Google and Netflix have already done this.
You can also check if your employer is registered through Benevity.
The Center for Artistic Activism accepts gifts of stock through StockDonator. Donating appreciated securities held for more than one year entitles you to a charitable income tax deduction for the full market value of the shares on the date of your gift. Donated shares of appreciated securities are also exempt from capital tax gains. To fully benefit please inform and consult your tax specialist.