Taking action on COVID-19
At the Center for Artistic Activism we’ve been working extended hours every day on COVID-19 response actions – planning ambitious new programs, consulting organizations via online meetings, and creating resources that you can put into action. Like you, we want as many people as possible to survive this. Join us.
Don’t Cancel: Creative Activism in the Time of Coronavirus. A collection of starting points for taking your activism online and remote, keeping people safe while continuing your important work.
SALK Teams: Free the Vaccine for COVID-19
Join our fight to make a forthcoming Coronavirus vaccine affordable to all. We’re launching a massive online Advocacy Innovation Lab to Free the Vaccine for Covid-19. And you can take part.
Keep your advocacy team inspired and resilient. Our online workshops help your team move forward creatively, in the current context, no matter the issue you’re working on. Contact us for details.
The Center for Artistic Activism helps people use their creativity and culture to effect power.
We offer training for artists, activists, and organizations on theory, methods and skills for maximizing their impact.
We provide advising for groups and organizations on strategic, creative methods for activism, grant making, and assessment.
Creative Grantmaking: Help for Foundations
We conduct and share research on the practice and impact of artistic activism.
We give away podcasts,videos, webinars, guides and other online training resources you can access now..
What we do
We are a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. Your donation helps support artistic activism worldwide.
- Four Keys to Building a Global Movement in 14 DaysHow do you build a global movement in 14 days? On March 13th, we began a meeting with a huge question; what the heck can we do in the face […]
- April Fool’s for Big PharmaPharmaceutical companies pay accountants, attorneys, and even ombudsmen to make sure they are held accountable to their finances, the law, and ethics. So this April Fool’s we wondered, why are […]
- Join us & Free the Vaccine for COVID-19We’re forming a global, advocacy innovation lab to Free the Vaccine for COVID-19 and you can take part. Around the globe we are taking rapid, drastic action to slow the […]
- Don’t Cancel: Creative Activism and CoronavirusDuring COVID-19, we can creatively adapt activism and advocacy campaigns to keep social connection while maintaining physical distance. Here’s how…
- NOMINATE: the 2020 Artistic Activism Awards!It’s award season everybody! Movies have the Oscars. Music has the Grammies. Theater has the Tonys. But there’s something missing. Where are the awards for the most important art form, […]
- Alumnus Gjorgje Jovanovik helps open Jadro FoundationCenter for Artistic Activism alumnus, Gjorgje Jovanovik, has helped open a new space in Skopje Macedonia. Their announcement HISTORY In 2015, the JADRO Association of the independent culture scene started […]
- Creative Anti-Corruption: Facing down the education system in AlbaniaIf you want a PhD in Albania, it’s within reach. Just find the right administrator and be prepared to pay. Be careful who you approach because some may prefer sexual […]
- Alumni Spotlight: Debbie AlmontaserDebbie Almontaser was part of Center for Artistic Activism workshop in 2015. We selected her because of her past accomplishments and we’re so proud of the work she’s done since! […]