The Center for Artistic Activism helps people use their creativity and culture to effect power.
The Center for Artistic Activism is supporting change through the current crises
This week we were linked as a resource in the Movement for Black Lives Week of Action. We’re honored, and if you’re just finding us, we want you to know we’re offering more than just our website. Our door is open. We wholeheartedly stand with this movement.
Don’t let COVID-19 slow down your movement. Don’t Cancel: Creative Activism in the Time of Coronavirus shows how we can creatively adapt activism and advocacy campaigns to keep social connection while maintaining physical distance.
SALK Teams: Free the Vaccine for COVID-19
Join our fight to make a forthcoming Coronavirus vaccine affordable to all. We’ve launched a globau, online Advocacy Innovation Lab to Free the Vaccine for Covid-19. And you can take part.
Keep your advocacy team inspired and resilient. Our online workshops help your team move forward creatively, in the current context, no matter the issue you’re working on. Contact us for details.
We offer training for artists, activists, and organizations on theory, methods and skills for maximizing their impact.
We provide advising for groups and organizations on strategic, creative methods for activism, grant making, and assessment.
We conduct and share research on the practice and impact of artistic activism.
We give away podcasts,videos, webinars, guides and other online training resources you can access now..
What we do
We are a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. Your donation helps support artistic activism worldwide.
- Imagining AmericaThe folks at Imagining America are putting out a call for submissions from artists and scholars around collective creative engagements in the U.S, in response to the COVID crisis. They’re […]
- Amber Ruffin does evaluationIn Late Night comedian Amber Ruffin’s latest “Amber Says What” she asks a lot of valuable evaluation questions of the Trump administration’s latest political spectacle. We may start incorporating these […]
- COVID-19 Dolly Parton “Jolene” Parody for Free the VaccineWe’ve been training an international group of volunteers for the Free the Vaccine for COVID-19 campaign. Our goal is ensuring publicly-funded diagnostic tools, treatment, and the COVID-19 vaccine will be […]
- Advocacy Innovation Lab: Free the Vaccine for COVID-19“Free the Vaccine for COVID-19” is the first implementation of our Advocacy Innovation Labs, designed to train participants in artistic activism while generating new, creative, and innovative tactics to solve […]
- Op-Ed: Free the Vaccine, Free the People“Signing the Open COVID Pledge is therefore not merely a technicality or detail about licensing policy, but a matter of ensuring racial justice in healthcare and opposing institutional violence against […]
- How can we measure the impact of art and creativity?Imagine you want to help young people in West Africa use their creative skills to engage their peers in political dialogue about gender violence. Or you want to train artists […]
- Stop Hate for Profit: Facebook Ad BoycottThe Anti-Defamation League, the NAACP, and the Color Of Change have called for business to boycott advertising on Facebook “to stand in solidarity with our most deeply held American values […]
- Alumni Anne Basting’s Creative CareAnne Basting (alumni of our School for Creative Activism) is a pioneer in dementia and elder Care. She “developed a radical approach that combines methods from the world of theater […]