The Center for Artistic Activism helps people use their creativity and culture to effect power.
The Center for Artistic Activism is supporting change through the current crises
Our Unstoppable Voters Project
We’re supporting proposals to help make democracy work by combating voter suppression in the United States. Creative, ambitious, strategic, risk-taking projects will be funded up to $10,000 each. Initial short proposals are due Sept 2nd.
The Free the Vaccine for COVID-19 Campaign
Join our fight to make COVID-19 treatment, testing, and vaccines affordable and accessible to all. We’ve launched a global, online Advocacy Innovation Lab called Free the Vaccine for Covid-19. And you can take part.
Transition Your Advocacy
Keep your team inspired and resilient. With our online workshops like Don’t Cancel: Creative Activism in the Time of Coronavirus, we can help your group move forward creatively, in the current context, no matter the issue you’re working on. Contact us for details.
We offer training for artists, activists, and organizations on theory, methods and skills for maximizing their impact.
We provide advising for groups and organizations on strategic, creative methods for activism, grant making, and assessment.
We conduct and share research on the practice and impact of artistic activism.
We give away podcasts,videos, webinars, guides and other online training resources you can access now..
What we do
We are a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. Your donation helps support artistic activism worldwide.
- Steve Lambert’s frank 2020 talkThis 10 minute talk from frank2020 tells about one of our favorite projects at the Center for Artistic Activism and how we worked with the Sex Worker Education and Advocacy […]
- Alumni, Ishtar Lakhani, profiled in Maverick CitizenCenter for Artistic Activism alumni and workshop instructor, Ishtar Lakhani, was profiled in the Maverick Citizen. Ishtar is based in South Africa and after participating in our 2015 training, has […]
- We’re Funding Creative U.S. Election ProjectsWe are excited to announce the Center for Artistic Activism is supporting projects that uniquely address urgent and specific voter suppression problems in the United States. Creative, ambitious, strategic, risk-taking […]
- We’re hiring a Campaign ManagerFree the Vaccine for COVID-19 is hiring a Campaign Manager for Fall/Winter 2020 . A detailed description and application are on the freethevaccine.org site. We’re looking for the right candidate […]
- Apply for Free the Vaccine for COVID-19: Season 2We’re back for another round! Join us in fighting pharmaceutical monopolies to make publicly-funded COVID treatment and testing affordably priced, free at the point-of-delivery and accessible around the world! Apply […]
- London Carnival to Free the Vaccine For COVID-19Free the Vaccine participants and others staged a carnival in London to bring attention to the need for an affordable “People’s Vaccine” for COVID-19. Pink-headed coronavirus figures were protected by […]
- We’re looking for an in-house PrintmakerWe are issuing an open call for an In-House Printer for a limited time in Fall 2020. The In-House Printer will be invited to be in residence at the Eureka! […]
- Imagining AmericaThe folks at Imagining America are putting out a call for submissions from artists and scholars around collective creative engagements in the U.S, in response to the COVID crisis. They’re […]