C4AA is seeking a Program Assistant to help the organization support artistic activism the world over. This is a temporary staff position until December 31, 2024, open to anyone authorized to work in the U.S. at 30-40 hours per week, working remotely (preferably in the NY, FL, and MD areas) on a flexible schedule.
The Program Assistant will assist and support the organization’s efforts in the areas of communications, development, and programs and will engage with diverse groups of changemakers and professionals inside and outside the organization.
General duties include research, basic data analysis, correspondence, inputting data, social media posts, and logistical support for meetings and events.
Specific duties will include:
- In Collaboration with the Executive Director and Communications Coordinator, assist with developing and implementing C4AA’s digital marketing plan, social media strategy, and impact study.
- Communicate with a network of alumni and fans to energize the goals of furthering artistic activism by sharing artistic activism information and training content.
- Assist the C4AA Communications team in preparing, developing, and implementing social media posts, and interact with people online.
- Research, write, and design content for multiple platforms, including developing graphics and researching and writing about artistic activism around the world.
- Assist with managing and updating website content.
- Manage the organization’s general email account and answer general customer service inquiries.
- Assist project leads in scheduling and tracking program activities.
- Provide administrative support to Directors, including scheduling appointments, managing calendars, and incoming and outgoing mail and email correspondence.
- Assist with project management tasks, including developing timelines, preparing project plans, tracking progress, overseeing follow-up and preparing reports.
- Coordinate travel arrangements and manage logistics for events and meetings.
- Create and manage contact databases, ensuring that all documentation is up-to-date and easily accessible.
- Assist with research, information gathering and analysis, and other research assistance tasks as required.
- Assist in preparing presentations, donor data for reports, etc.
- Update donor profile information as requested.
- Prepare gift entry, acknowledgments, and crediting for contributed revenue.
- B.A. Preferred
- 1-2 years of overall program/administrative assistance experience.
- 1+ years of experience in graphic design, including Canva, WordPress, MailChimp, and CRM software (preferred)
- Detail-oriented with a successful track record in setting priorities; keen analytic, organization, and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent relationship-building skills with an ability to work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- A multi-tasker with the ability to wear many hats.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a collaborative spirit.
- Interest in the mission of C4AA.
- The ability to work remotely and independently, including reliable access to a computer and wifi.
The Center for Artistic Activism helps artists, activists, and organizations understand how to best use art, creativity, and culture to have real-world and sustained impact. We work to support and empower activists to effectively deploy creative activism methodologies and achieve successful campaigns. We are a small team working remotely from different parts of the U.S., plus some contractors who work abroad. The working environment is flexible, though there are regular team meetings and some other duties that will require being available at certain times.
To apply, please send ONE PDF file with a cover letter and resume (together) to email@example.com with “Program Assistant” in the subject line before midnight ET on January 31, 2024.
Please name the PDF file with your last name and first name (e.g. Lastname_Firstname.pdf).
In your cover letter please indicate where you heard about the announcement, your interest in C4AA’s mission and the experience and skills you’ll bring to this position. This position is for 30-40 hours a week, depending on the availability and experience-level of the selected candidate – please indicate if you have a preferred number of hours per week.
The hourly rate for this position will be between $18.00 – $22.00, depending on experience level. C4AA sponsors a Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA) that provides additional health coverage benefits through reimbursements of premiums for qualified health insurance coverage and eligible medical expenses. We also provide a small allowance for professional development efforts and expandable office supplies.
You can find the detailed job description on this LINK.