Marlene talks about how satire can successfully be used to change the world through critical analysis, community-building, undermining authority and a lot more, and about the differences between parody, irony, sarcasm and satire. She shares some amazing, thought-provoking examples from around the world about immigration, colonialism and more.
Links that Marlene talks about in the webinar:
- “The Laughter Effect” report
- Beautiful Rising – “Use Humour to Undermine Authority”
- Jesusa Rodríguez & Liliana Felipe, EL HÁBITO Teatro-Cabaret (15 years CDMX queer/feminist worldmaking). El Hábito
- Yes Men/Yes Lab laughtivism
- Somos el Muro
- Kent Monkman
- Guillermo Gómez-Peña & Coco Fusco
Documentary by Paula Heredia: http://vimeo.com/79363320
See the list of all of our webinars. Feel free to share with friends.