About the Position
The Program Assistant will be integral to our Unstoppable Voters program, which protects the freedom to vote through creativity and innovation, and will assist our work on additional social justice issues and the creation and dissemination of resources in support of them. The Program Assistant will help with both program planning and execution.
Specific tasks include:
- Schedule and attend meetings, take notes, and assign and follow up on action items
- Answer general program inquiries
- Provide research and analysis support on issues around voting and more, transform research into digestible formats, and report back to staff
- Assist with community and partner management, including deepening relationships and continuing conversations on external and internal platforms
- Mine and curate content from other groups doing creative activism work, especially around US democracy, to highlight, amplify, and connect
- Track metrics for projects and programs
- Communicate with artistic activism trainers and coordinate travel, itineraries, program agendas, and more
- Support event logistics for in-person and virtual programming, which could include securing venues, handling catering, managing web conferencing platforms, and disseminating logistics information to participants.
The position is part time (approximately 20 hrs/week) and a 6-month contract to start, with desire to hire as staff following the contract period.
We’re looking for a person who has:
- Passion for and experience in artistic activism and/or voting justice advocacy
- Excellent communication skills
- Research and analysis experience
- A great sense of humor and a commitment to creativity and innovation
The Program Assistant can be early in their career if they meet the above criteria.
The Program Assistant can be located anywhere but preferably is based in the United States, due to program focuses. In 2022, Unstoppable Voters will be working with organizations focused on DC Statehood, fair districting (especially in North Carolina, Wisconsin, and Georgia), and midterm election support in swing states; background in those issues and/or connection to those geographies is a plus.
Upload a cover letter, resume, and any kind of 1-2 page writing sample through this form by Monday, January 10, 2022, at 11:59pm ET.