The Center for Artistic Activism is looking for a Development Consultant contractor. The work will be remote and part-time (average of 20 hours per month, with potentially more time leading up to annual appeals). The hourly rate for this contract will be between $45.00 – $53.00, depending on experience level.
The Center for Artistic Activism (C4AA) is a dynamic and innovative organization that empowers artists and activists to create social change through the fusion of art and activism. We are dedicated to pushing the boundaries of traditional advocacy and harnessing the power of creativity to address pressing social and political issues. C4AA is seeking a dedicated and experienced Development Consultant to join our team and help us achieve our fundraising goals for 2024.
Scope of Work
As a Development Consultant at C4AA, you will play a crucial role in our organization’s growth and sustainability. Working closely with the Executive Director, you will craft fundraising strategies and plans to meet the C4AA 2024 fundraising goals. This consulting work will be aimed at securing foundation grants, major donors, and individual giving appeals. Your expertise and strategic thinking will be instrumental in advancing our mission and expanding our impact.
Key Tasks and Deliverables (in close consultation with the Executive Director):
- Fundraising Strategy Development:
- Develop a comprehensive fundraising strategy and plan for 2024.
- Identify key fundraising priorities, including foundation grants, major donors, and individual giving appeals.
- Develop implementation plans for development work.
- Foundation Grants:
- Research and identify potential foundation grant opportunities that align with C4AA’s mission and programs.
- Prepare grant proposals, letters of inquiry, and grant applications in coordination with selected C4AA staff.
- Manage the grant application process, including submission and follow-up.
- Major Donor Cultivation:
- Develop personalized donor cultivation plans and engagement strategies.
- Advise and support staff in cultivating relationships with potential major donors who have an affinity for our mission and work.
- Design and organize donor events and meetings.
- Individual Giving Appeals:
- Create compelling individual giving appeals and campaigns.
- Manage donor segmentation and communication to maximize donor engagement.
- Develop plans for implementation strategies to increase donor retention and upgrade giving levels.
- Reporting and Tracking:
- Maintain accurate records of fundraising activities, donor interactions, and contributions.
- Provide monthly reports and updates on fundraising progress to the Executive Director and Board of Directors.
- Collaboration and Communication:
- Ensure fundraising efforts align with the organization’s programs and initiatives.
- Provide strategic input to staff so they may effectively communicate the impact of donors’ contributions and maintain strong donor relationships.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field, such as nonprofit management, fundraising, or business.
- Proven experience (at least 5 years) in nonprofit fundraising, including foundation grants, major donor cultivation, and individual giving appeals.
- Strong understanding of fundraising principles, techniques, and best practices.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Relationship-building and donor stewardship expertise.
- Self-motivated, with the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Proficiency in fundraising software and donor management systems.
- Passion for the mission of C4AA and the field of artistic activism.
- Competitive hourly rate
- Flexible work schedule (averaging 20 hours per month)
- Opportunity to make a significant impact on the organization’s fundraising efforts
- Collaborative and creative work environment
- Opportunity for professional growth and development
To apply for the Development Consultant position, please submit your resume, a cover letter stating the position you are applying for and detailing your relevant experience, and examples of successful fundraising campaigns or initiatives you’ve been a part of to C4AAjobs@c4aa.org. Please include “Development Consultant Application” in the subject line of your email. The application deadline is February 6, 2024. Join C4AA and help us raise the necessary funds to continue driving positive change through artistic activism.