C4AA Seeking Web Developer, Communications Manager and Assistant Manager
We’re looking for some great people! We are seeking a web developer to help with some site issues, and have two part-time positions open, for a Communications and Community Manager (6-8 hrs/wk), and an Assistant Manager (10 hrs/week). You can apply for one, both or all. Applicants should live in the NYC or Upstate NY area. Please share with others you think might be interested. CVs and cover letters should be sent to us by 6pm EST Feb. 26th. Due to the volume of inquiries, we may not be able to respond to all questions or reply to every applicant.
Communications and Community Manager
The Center for Artistic Activism is looking for a Communications and Community Manager (CCM) to help us:
- Increase Quality Engagement: Bring more people from outer rings of C4AA contact deeper into the next circles of meaningful engagement with our philosophy and practice.
- Clarify and Communicate the mission and expertise of C4AA
Working closely with our Directors and other staff, the CCM will:
- Help to develop a Communications Strategy & Plan that defines creative ways to fulfill our strategic goals, taking advantage of the content we have.
- Write a series of 1-3 page Briefs, summaries of C4AA projects, to be used online, in grant proposals, for press, etc.
- Help create and implement consistent and fantastic identity and language across website, social media, newsletters, fundraising materials, etc.
- Write and post to website and social media regularly.
- Manage Communities: activate alumni network, find strategic ways to integrate them more fully into C4AA, create community around Actipedia, advise other staff on community-building strategies
- Conduct and edit interviews: interview artistic activists from around the world – alumni, advisees and others to collect and tell stories about impact
- Collaborate to write video scripts and give input to video editor
- Evaluate outreach and fundraising materials and give feedback, write and edit copy and headlines
- Create editorial plan for weekly newsletter, web posts and social media
- Lead weekly Communications briefings with staff
Excellent candidates will be passionate about arts and activism, experienced in multimedia communications, wonderful storytellers, and great at writing and editing funny, engaging, smart copy.
This position will be for approximately 6-8 hours per week to start. The majority of the work can take place remotely, at a location of your choosing and on a flexible schedule, but will require in-person meetings in the NYC area once a month. Hourly rate will depend on experience. Travel will be compensated within reason – applicants should live in the NYC region.
If you’re interested, please drop us a line at directors [ at ] c4aa [ dot ] org with a CV and a letter by 6pm EST on February 26th, 2018. Let us know why you’re interested in this position. Attach a work sample or two of work you have written or edited. This can include websites, social media, etc.
The Center for Artistic Activism is seeking an Assistant Manager.
The position will be for 10 hours per week to start. The majority of the work can take place remotely, at a location of your choosing and on a flexible schedule, but the Assistant Manager must be in Catskill, NY once a week for 2-4 hours, and so applicants should live within 150 miles of Catskill. We will not be able to compensate for travel beyond that range.
Regular Tasks will include:
- Communicating with artists, activists, partners and thinkers from around the world
- Writing and designing content for outreach
- Posting regularly to social media, websites, maintaining and fixing content on website. WordPress or other web experience a plus.
- Helping to determine and implement Communication and Fundraising strategies
- Assisting with the writing of grants
- Digital filing, organization, tracking of materials.
- Assisting with alumni and donor relationships and community-building events and outreach
- Scheduling meetings and reminders
- Light bookkeeping
- Assisting with Production Management, including tracking timelines and tasks, scheduling
- Writing reports
- Organizing and curating multimedia, including content for webinars, trainings and videos
- Assisting with video, podcast and webinar production
Depending on the particular skills and interests of the Assistant Manager, special tasks may include:
- Research and writing about artistic activism
- Graphic design
- Web design/updating
- Video/audio editing, photography
- Event planning
- Community Management
The right candidate will be:
- Interested in arts and activism
- An excellent writer
- Reliable and able to work independently
- Experienced in project management
and will have a great sense of humor.
An excellent candidate will be:
- Passionate about arts and activism
- Experienced in writing / communications / online community-building / websites / design / multimedia production / research / grant-writing / non-profit management, or extremely interested in learning how to do these things.
- Interested in learning how to run a non-profit.
The Assistant Manager will report to the Managing Director. Compensation will be based on experience.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to directors [ at ] c4aa [ dot ] org by 6pm EST on February 26th, 2018. Include a writing sample, and tell us why you’re interested in the position, and why you’re a great fit!
Web Developer Volunteer
We’re looking for someone to help with our WordPress site c4aa.org, and our Drupal site, actipedia.org. If you are a great developer, and want to volunteer some time to C4AA to work out some web kinks, let us know! Email directors [ at ] c4aa [ dot ] org
If you’re applying for more than one position, you can send just one set of application materials. But do indicate if you are only interested in two positions, or if you would take one of them.